.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 22, 2011

Old fashion

Call me old fashion but I believe in the p's and q's

An incident today with the new secretary (not mine, thank goodness, my boss's. If I had one I would have gotten a male, less emotional issues aside, but the novelty of a guy making coffee and tea on demand!)

Right... The incident.

My office is situated on the 2 level in a factory building. To access my office, I will have to unlock the 1st level glass door, go to level 2, unlock the level 2 glass doors then another wooden door to my dept. The 1st level door has 2 panels, the left is usually locked and we only use the one on the right.

We are currently undergoing renovation and the secretary opened the left panel of the glass door for work to be done. But when she left for the day, she left it unlocked. Unfortunately, she alone has the key to that glass door panel because she had been at least a month tardy in duplicating it

Even more unfortunately, I was the last to leave after a long dreary day and had to deal with it. I trekked up to level 2, opened the level 2 doors, searched through the spare key cabinet, went down but the keys didnt work, cos they were to the right panel, which I already have.

Called her mobile at least 5 times before she picked up. Informed her of the problem (which she had caused, mind you), and her first words were "oh shit" no apologies, then she helpfully asked me if I would like to try to use a padlock and chain, as if she was trying to solve my problem, instead of me helping her to rectify her mistake. I took it the pad lock and from level 2, locked the doors, went down and my phone ringed. "oh, I didn't take my keys, they are on my desk (at level 2 obviously).

Tired and hungry, I went up, unlocked the doors, took her keys, returned the pad lock and chain, locked the doors and went down again. Locked the level 1 main doors and left, almost half an hour later when I first tried to leave.

No apology in any of the phone conversations, and obviously no thanks for saving her ass.

She is very good with PR stuff like getting birthday cakes and stuff, but these fluff fun and laughter cannot make up for a lack of basic manners.

Or maybe i'm just old fashion.

Comments:
Maybe you should just tell her? :) - Lester
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?