.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Getting OLD liao


Gotten a bit of a infection from the China trip where the air was cold and dry, plus dirty in Chengdu. Was coughing non-stop, with bloody mucus and dry throat.

Didnt manage to see a doctor due to non-stop work-related travel and business meetings in Singapore where I was required to baby-sit our guests from breakfast to dinner for almost a week, not to mention churning reports till I nearly went blind.

It was no surprised that I was given lots of medication, but the one that threw me off was an inhaler and the friendly advice to carry it always... "JUST in case, especially when you are traveling".

I thought I had thrown off the child asthma since graduating from primary school, not that it had slowed me down in anyway then. I was in the badminton school team, a librarian, a prefect and sang in the choir, and represented my class in every darn sport event. I was one of those cool kids where the little girls had crushes on me (it was a unisex girls school).

But something about the inhaler conjures up the typical image of a nerdy kid nervously sucking on his inhaler while bullies taunt him. So some how I've always avoided using that in public as a young girl.

Not that I am now conjuring up images of a dying elderly sucking on the inhaler while clawing at his chest, but I suspect that I will still be avoiding the use of an inhaler in public.

The dilemma now is do I bring it along in my carry-on luggage, and will I have to bring it when I go for swims and runs?

ARGH...

Comments:
"The dilemma now is do I bring it along in my carry-on luggage, and will I have to bring it when I go for swims and runs?"

Ans - both!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?