.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

drink drank drunk

tis the season to be merry...

but the so-called company dinner was any but

a spate of negative news from bad job management, decisions and the financial crisis had knocked the wind out of us.

The year started looking bright with hopes of 吃鲍鱼 (eating abalone), which degraded to 吃咸鱼 (eating salted fish) towards the end of the year, and it looks like we're all going to 吃草 (eating grass) at the end.

I was doubly groomy for having only partially recovered the share losses which I had sustained.

So anyways, I joined the dinner being tired and dejected and hungry (traffic was hell into Orchard road, I waited for 20min to get into the car park of pacific plaza!), and started drinking red wine to be social. But when we escalated to 女儿红 and a jocky was booked to bring me and my car to the KTV, and who will bring me home after the KTV.

I started enjoying the drinks a little.

It was then to the KTV where more drinking ensued.

LOTS MORE drinking ensued. So much that 20 shots of brandy were laid out on trays for fast and easy drinking.

...................................................

I woke up with a start.

Naked.

With a bath towel covering me, on my sofa at home.

!!!!!!!!!

it was 530am.

I jumped up and thrown on some clothes, and started checking inventories.

- Bag check
- Wallet check
- Home keys check
- Car keys check
- Handphone check
- Clothes in the laundry basket check
- Jacket check
- Boots near shoe cabinet check

hmm... so it seems i got home and showered and fell asleep before getting dressed, thats not toooo bad (especially since i woke up before i was found)

waitaminute, i'm forgetting something. WHERE is my watch and rings?

Not at my dresser, not on the hall table, i'm not wearing them, nothing.

I didnt give them away to some KTV hostess did I? GASP!

PANIC.

OMG, i found them on the sink in the bath room.

PHEW*

ok, too much excitement, the headache is killing me. need to lie down.

.............................................

E woke me up and asked if I puke in the toilet cos it was slightly messy. I told him i cant remember but i must have cos i have nothing left in my gut.

He had to run all the errands with the kids for the day as I slept the whole Saturday away. He's not a happy camper but he didnt complain. gosh* I love this man.

.............................................

It was only nearing the end of the night when i was 80% recovered that i wondered.

"Did i mess up my car?"

but i was still too weak to go check, besides there isnt a good excuse for me to go out so late in the evening to my car...

oh good grief.

.............................................

It was only Sunday night that i managed to check on my car.

Did i stink up my car by having messed it up and letting it fester for TWO WHOLE DAYS?

oh no please...

Turn out I didnt.

Thank goodness.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?