Tuesday, April 03, 2007
what i threw in 1 day of cleaning
I've taken the last 2 1/2 days of the last week to throw out old docs, clean out my KIV/ Filing/ Out tray, Pending files and folders.
Some stuff had already been actioned upon
Some i managed to save and filed in the right files
Thrown a lot away (2.5 times the pic above)
- some mailers that i had missed the first time they landed on my in tray
- those that were dead in the planning stage and never got off
- those interesting bits that i thought i might take a closer look when i can find some time, but it turned out i never did.
- those that were so long overdue that it didnt matter anymore
I've now reclaimed 1/4 of my table and 1/2 my in-tray (which doubled as my KIV tray)
- more elbow room
- more space to spread out docs for studying
- no more hunting for pens that rolled under piles of papers and files
- no more patting over papers to see where are my phones and keys
in fact, i FOUND some pens and reclaimed lots of plastic folders, metal clips and paper clips.
At the end of it all, i even ran an antiseptic wipe over my keyboard, my desk phone, my calculator and desktop.
cathartic to say the least.
Labels: to Work