.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Cathartic


what i threw in 1 day of cleaning

I've taken the last 2 1/2 days of the last week to throw out old docs, clean out my KIV/ Filing/ Out tray, Pending files and folders.

Some stuff had already been actioned upon

Some i managed to save and filed in the right files

Thrown a lot away (2.5 times the pic above)

- some mailers that i had missed the first time they landed on my in tray

- those that were dead in the planning stage and never got off

- those interesting bits that i thought i might take a closer look when i can find some time, but it turned out i never did.

- those that were so long overdue that it didnt matter anymore


I've now reclaimed 1/4 of my table and 1/2 my in-tray (which doubled as my KIV tray)

- more elbow room

- more space to spread out docs for studying

- no more hunting for pens that rolled under piles of papers and files

- no more patting over papers to see where are my phones and keys

in fact, i FOUND some pens and reclaimed lots of plastic folders, metal clips and paper clips.


At the end of it all, i even ran an antiseptic wipe over my keyboard, my desk phone, my calculator and desktop.


cathartic to say the least.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?