Tuesday, August 01, 2006
was invited to attend a function where Thai PM Taksin was to be the VVIP in a presentation ceremony, and was promised photo opportunity tho i had to take it with a pinch of salt.
The interesting bits were:
- lunching with the big shots of the companies involved in the presentation
- sitting in a souped-up mini van with super upholseted leather seats, 21" LCD screen, karaoke system, dvd player, privacy screen between driver and passengers, tinted windows with curtains, leather footrests etc.
- being in a police led and escorted convoy through the streets of Bangkok
- going into the Thai Parliament House
- being seated 3 rows behind the VVIPs
The bad bits were:
- the insanely long wait being guests being seated to the actual presentation
- the whole thing was conducted in Thai....
The crazy bits were:
- the media frenzy following the PMs every move, there must have been more than 50 reps from the media, each jostling for the best positions with their high-powered cameras and video cameras.
- there amogst the guests who blatantly pick up their ringing hp AND proceeding to have long conversations when the ministers and PM are giving their speeche.
Needless to say, the photo opportunity didnt happen, other than this pic i took of the PM while he was on stage.
Labels: to Travel